If you’re starting to feel like 2017 is already getting away from you it’s time to get back to basics and follow this simple checklist. Whenever you feel like you’re falling off the wagon refer back to this list to help steer you back on track. Because sometimes all you need is a little push in the right direction.
- Lock in your sleep number. That’s the number of hours you need each night to wake up naturally in the morning. More sleep = a better, healthier, happier you.
- Switch your phone to night mode (or Night Shift mode, for those with an iPhone). This will help you sleep better if you can’t help but be on your phone in the hours leading up to bed time.
- Add a superfood to every meal.
- Limit yourself to one coffee a day. Try switching to a less milky option, like a long black with a dash of milk. Your body will thank you.
- Get lifting! Incorporating weights into your weekly workout rotation will help you get results faster. We’re talking results of the toning and weight loss kind.
- Don’t fall for the fads. They’ll derail your progress. Remember that!
- Love yourself more!
- Have you meditated today? Make meditation a daily ritual.
- Just walk! Even if you’re not feeling up for exercising take yourself for a walk — you’ll appreciate the fresh air and the calorie burn.
- Create a new positive affirmation. “I am strong” sounds like you! Write it down, say it aloud, preach it, girl!
- Ditch the coffee first thing in the morning and replace it with lemon water.
- Get creative with turmeric. This anti-inflammatory superfood is proven to aid weight loss, so you’d be crazy not to get a teaspoon into you each day.
- Swap every drink for a glass of water. Sipping on 2 litres of water throughout the day is a great way to control unnecessary and unhealthy snacking and keep your body hydrated.
- Swap your couch time for stretch time. Whether you’re sore from a recent HIIT session or you haven’t exercised in a while, the benefits of stretching are definitely better than doing nothing at all.
- Make more time for you! Don’t over-commit yourself to work and friends. Whether it’s prepping lunch for tomorrow or scheduling a 30-minute workout each day, make sure you’re giving yourself time to do you.
Read more at https://www.popsugar.com.au/fitness/Simple-Ways-Healthier-43110429#6mD7oOusADWCLQgE.99